The monument includes a medieval moated site immediately south east of New House Farm, located about 850m SSE of Lawshall village centre, close to the parish boundary. The moated site includes a roughly rectangular island which measures up to 44m north to south by 40m east to west and is slightly raised above the surrounding ground surface. This is enclosed by a waterfilled moat, measuring up to 8m wide. Access to the island is across the south west corner which was infilled prior to 1842. In this area, the moat will survive as a buried feature. The 17 to 18th century farmhouse, which is a Listed Building Grade II standing approximately 80m to the north west of the moat, is thought to represent the successor to an earlier house on the island. The brick and concrete foundation for a small agricultural building and the animal shelter on the island, together with the gate and all fencing, the sheds and old barn along the north edge of the moat and the surface of the trackway along the west side of the moat, are excluded from the scheduling, although the ground beneath all these features all is included.