record WLG 065 - Roman metalwork scatter mainly coins and some brooches
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8765 5992 (154m by 109m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT WHELNETHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (0)
2019: Roman metalwork scatter mainly coins and some brooches. Copper alloy proto-crossbow brooch, plate brooch in the shape of a shoe sole, button and loop fastener , copper alloy and silver 1st-4th century coinage (S2).
Included in the Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History annual round up of individual finds and discoveries for 2019 (S1).
- <S1> SSF59645 Article in serial: Minter, F., Rolfe, J. and De Leo, A.. 2020. Archaeology in Suffolk 2019, Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History.
- <S2> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. SF-46623D, SF-70348A, SF-4665E9, SF-713B63.
- FSF51997: BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF51998: BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF51999: BUTTON AND LOOP FASTENER (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF52000: COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 17 2021 10:21AM