Listed Building: CHANTRY FARMHOUSE (285186)

Find out more about .

Grade II
Volume/Map/Item 285186
Date assigned 16 March 1966
Date last amended


CAMPSEY ASH CAMPSEA ASHE HIGH PARK TM 35 NW 2/13 Chantry Famhouse 16.3.66 - II House, now divided into 3 separate dwellings. Date stone on stack 1597 with initials R. over JB. Early C19 red brick face to timber frame. Hipped plaintiled roofs. Late C19 - early C20 extensions at rear. 2 storeys. L plan. 5 window range: C20 three light casements with transomes and mullions and single glazing bar. Gauged brick arches. Scattered fenestration to rear: C20 casements. Red brick gabled entrance porch with semi-circular brick arch. C20 6 panelled entrance door with semi-circular fanlight. 2 stacks, each with four attached octagonal chimneys in moulded red brick: one stack of 3 red brick detached octagonal chimneys in moulded red brick. The initials on stack stand for Rose and John Braham owners after Theophilus Howard, Earl of Suffolk. ADD.MSS.19119; British Museum. Listing NGR: TM3285155503

External Links (1)

Sources (0)



Grid reference TM 32851 55503 (point)
Map sheet TM35NW

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Jul 23 2019 10:53AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.