Find Spot record MNL 824 - Three Hills, Warren Hill, Mildenhall, (Palaeolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 74 74 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A blade leaf point using more recent terminology of Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) date, (S1-S6).
Formerly recorded as MNL MISC
Point is approximate within pit, but likely accurate within 100m.
- <S1> SSF56333 Unpublished document: Cutler, Hannah. 2013. Understanding Late Middle Palaeolithic Neandertal Landscape-use during Short-Term Occupations in Britain.
- <S2> SSF59589 Article in serial: BRIDGLAND, D. R., LEWIS, S. G. & WYMER, J. J.. 1995. Middle Pleistocene Stratigraphy and Archaeology around Mildenhall and Icklingham, Suffolk: Report on the Geologists' Association Field Meeting, 27 June, 1992.
- <S3> SSF56339 Bibliographic reference: Pettitt, P.B. & White, M.J.. 2012. The British Palaeolithic: Human Societies at the Edge of the Pleistocene World.
- <S4> SSF59590 Article in monograph: Jacobi, R and Higham, T.. 2011. The British Earlier Upper Palaeolithic: Settlement and Chronology.
- <S5> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 214 (error?).
- <S6> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 1603.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2020 2:17PM