Monument record BSE 082 - Moreton Hall

Please read our .

Summary

Ice-house, marked on OS 1:10560 maps from 1880s, associated with Moreton Hall.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 8696 6457 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)
Map sheet TL86SE
Civil Parish BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Ice-house marked on OS 1:10560 maps. Presumably ice-house for Moreton Hall (formerly St Edmunds Hall). Moreton Hall by Robert Adam, 1773, is of grey brick, three bays wide and three-storeyed (S1)(R1).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. Pevsner N & Radcliffe E, Suffolk, 1975 ed, 153.
  • <R1> (No record type): Hervey S H A, Horringer Parish Registers, 1900.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jul 12 2005 3:18PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.