Monument record SBN 057 - ?Mill Field (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0251 3467 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||STOKE-BY-NAYLAND, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Concentration of circa 50 large Med sherds (?C14/C15) plus large amount of ? contemporary roofing (some peg holes) tiles and 1 thin brick fragment found on surface (on two visits) by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s). Site on SE side of slight (maximum 2m) hillock on N side of River Stour (S1). Area defined as circa 112 foot across (S2).
Indeterminate cropmark visible on AP (S3)(S4).
Note smaller scatter of seven ?C13 sherds and two C16 horse shoes found to N adjacent to pond at TM 0252 3478.
- <S1> SSF22756 Finds Report: Pendleton C. 1990. Mill Field, Stoke by Nayland. Wallace J & J, October 1990.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: site report, map.
- <S2> SSF22758 (No record type): Wallace J, map, 1992.
- <M2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BNB 48.
- <S3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BNB 48, 1971.
- <S4> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, APs, JEM 13-14, 24 July 1992.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 29 2020 12:14PM