Monument record FSF 035 - Medieval artefact scatter of pottery (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2858 7813 (54m by 35m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FRESSINGFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of pottery in field, adjacent to a green lane (S1). Pottery consists mainly of unglazed C13-C14 wares, but there are also a number of probable C12 pieces, also a relatively small number of part-glazed sherds (Grimston and Late Medieval & Transitional types) of the C14-C16. One lava millstone fragment.
See also Rom.
Metal detecting finds from 2003 include bronze strap fitting and buckle and a pmed hooked tag. S2
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: fieldwalking and finds report sheets.
- <S1> SSF7265 (No record type): Hardy M J, 1991, 'Field 2'.
- <S2> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. Minter, F., SCCAS. Sf-10665, sf10663 and sf10661. 2003.
- FSF11124: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- FSF11125: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- FSF11126: POTTERY GRIMSTON (12th century to 15th century - 1175 AD to 1450 AD)
- FSF11127: MILLSTONE (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- FSF30086: STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF30087: BUCKLE (13th century to 14th century - 1200 AD to 1300 AD)
- FSF30088: HOOKED TAG (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD to 2050 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 6 2021 9:44PM