Monument record HAD 044 - East House

Please read our .

Summary

A portion of a small Anglo-Saxon cinerary urn.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 0295 4257 (50m by 50m)
Map sheet TM04SW
Civil Parish HADLEIGH, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

`Hadleigh, East House (TM 0295 4287). A portion of a small Anglo-Saxon cinerary urn found during the last 30 years (circa 1931-1961) by Dr Style was loaned to the Hadleigh Town Council' (S1). The cited grid reference, TM 0295 4287 (HAD 013) is wrong for East House and is probably a misreading of an original (handwritten?) reference of TM 0295 4257, which is probably situated within the former garden of East House.

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1961, PSIA, 29, 1961, (1), 96.
  • <S2> Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM04SW1.
  • <S3> (No record type): Phillips C W, Dark Age Index.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Aug 12 2008 4:26PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.