Monument record BSG 008 - Felshamhall Wood: Bradfield Woods
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 93 57 (907m by 782m)|
|Civil Parish||BRADFIELD ST GEORGE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Ancient coppice wood (103 acres) formerly belonging to the Abbey of Bury St Edmunds. Coppicing dates from before 1252. Wood is surrounded by a massive woodbank with pollard trees (S1). Now managed as a nature reserve. Adjoins Monks' Park Wood (see BSC 009).
- <S1> SSF17353 (No record type): Rackham O, Ancient Woodland, its history, vegetation and uses in England, 1980, 24-7.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: extract from (S1) in Bradfield St Clare parish file.
- <M2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP BMO 18 & 23.
- <S2> SSF5450 (No record type): Dymond D & Martin E (eds), An Historical Atlas of Suffolk, 1988, 50-1.
- <S3> SSF17362 (No record type): Rackham O, Trees and Woodland in the British Landscape, 1976, 80-3, 116, pl. ii, iii & vii.
- <S4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs BMO 18 & 23.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 6 2008 3:16PM