Monument record MUN 013 - White Hall; Moulton Hall; Moulton Manor (PMed)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 696 639 (177m by 230m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MOULTON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Site of `The Hall, known as White Hall, which stood close to the public road [at TL 6973 6399], was burnt down' on November 29, 1921. 'At the time, repairs & alterations being made for Mr Lindsay Lane were nearly completed. The present house known as Moulton Manor, was erected after the fire, on the same site, but behind the mound.' [at the SW end of the plot well away from the road] (See Un for mound). ..`The original house was built in front of the mound…' [next to the road] (S1).
`Moulton Hall' is named on Hodskinsons 1783 Map of Suffolk (S2), on 1838 tithe map and on the OS 1880s map.
Same as Moulton/Stonehall Manor? - see Med.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 15 2007 1:03PM