Monument record SPX 012 - Spexhall Manor (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 380 792 (103m by 149m)|
|Civil Parish||SPEXHALL, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Spexhall Manor: Possible moat remains - water filled W and N arms, wet (double-ditched?) area represents possible remains of a S arm. Also ponds to S and E (S1)(S2).
According to (S3) Manor House (LB Grade II) refronted and enlarged in 1888, half timbered on E (C16th timber framed core), moated on 2 sides.
August 2002: evaluation of proposed extension by 4 trenches revealing a small number of probable pits with medieval artefacts. Details in (S4).
2002/2003: monitoring followed - see PMed.
- <S1> SSF12537 (No record type): OS, 1:10000 & 1:10560 maps, TM 37 NE, 1975 & 1957.
- <M1> SSF41611 (No record type): Planning Application: (S2).
- <S2> SSF22907 (No record type): Waveny District Council, plan with planning application W12973/4, January 1993.
- <S3> SSF6985 (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, 1990.
- <S4> SSF51150 Unpublished document: MS. 2002. Eval report. Spexhall Manor., Spexhall.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 10 2012 12:33PM