Monument record BRP 006 - Hill Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4303 8122 (64m by 72m)|
|Civil Parish||BRAMPTON WITH STOVEN, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat, occupied, isolated, near parish boundary, part gone, probably square originally. Backfilled 1971 (S1).
House gone too. Site visited by volunteer Chris Davey September 1985, notes made - see parish file (S2).
October 1999: Documentary search and trenched evaluation following planning application to build two poultry houses, located good surviving evidence for deposits of C13/C14 (contemporary with the moat) and earlier C12 pottery within a preserved island build-up layer. Also remains of C19 farmhouse. Details in (S4).
- <S1> SSF17975 (No record type): SAU (Carr R D), undated.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: SAU (Davey C L), moats survey, September 1985 (ill).
- <S2> SSF17984 (No record type): SAU (Davey C L), September 1985.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM48SW(M).
- <S4> SSF57987 Unpublished document: Newman, J., and Anderson, S.. 1999. Evaluation Report: Moated Site, Hill Farm, Brampton.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 20 2017 4:01PM