Monument record HXN 020 - Medieval artefact scatter (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1740 7650 (308m by 316m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HOXNE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
November 1992: Med pottery scatter identified during rapid fieldwalking survey, adjacent to road, opposite Fairstead Farm. Finds of 1 rim, 2 base and 10 body sherds Med (C13/C14) coarseware. See map in parish file for plot of area of scatter.
2006-7: metal artifacts found later by metal detecting as well as a Saxon pin (S2).
Also 1 ?flake and a few burnt flints (S1).
- FSF14288: POTTERY (13th century to 15th century - 1201 AD to 1400 AD)
- FSF36823: BUCKLE (14th century to 16th century - 1300 AD to 1500 AD)
- FSF36824: KEY (LOCKING) (15th century to 16th century - 1400 AD to 1500 AD)
- FSF36825: STRAP FITTING (14th century to 16th century - 1300 AD to 1500 AD)
- FSF36826: MOUNT (14th century to 16th century - 1300 AD to 1500 AD)
- FSF36827: COIN (17th century - 1603 AD to 1625 AD)
- FSF36828: COIN (13th century - 1217 AD to 1242 AD)
- FSF36829: COIN (13th century - 1251 AD to 1272 AD)
- FSF36834: BUCKLE (14th century to 15th century - 1300 AD to 1400 AD)
- FSF36835: COIN (13th century - 1248 AD to 1250 AD)
- FSF36837: PIN (IPS: Early Anglo-Saxon to IPS: Early Late Saxon - 600 AD to 900 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 20 2013 8:52AM