Monument record TYN 054 - A ring ditch is visible as a cropmark on aerial photographs between the railway line and High Road to the west of Trimley St Martin.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2662 3806 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Small, single ring ditch in field adjacent to field system, TYN 013, and ring ditch, TYN 046. Diameter c. 15m (S1). Possibly part of field system/tofts to the NE, TYN 067 (S2).
A ring ditch of approximately 14 metres diameter is visible as a cropmark on aerial photographs centred circa on TM26623806, between the railway line and High Road to the west of Trimley St Martin. The cropmark of the ditch is less than 1 metre in width, suggesting it was a relatively slight earthwork, possibly the drip gulley surrounding a late prehistoric or Roman date round house. It may be associated with the field system and ring ditches to the south (TYN 013, TYN 046) (S3)
- --- SXS50129 Unpublished document: Palmer, R.. 1995. A14 Seven Hills To Trimley Improvement, Suffolk: Aerial Photographic Assessment.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BNL 69.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BNL 69, June 1973.
- <M2> SSF45048 (No record type): Hanging Cabinet: (S2).
- <S2> SSF89 (No record type): Air Photo Service, 1:2500 A14 Trimley Improvement AP plot, 1995.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2637/7 (1671/230-231) 06-AUG-1979.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 28 2011 3:28PM