Monument record SUT 069 - Jennies

Please read our .

Summary

Two buildings named as `Jennies' held by Mr William Wiseman, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1).

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 2793 4810 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM24NE
Civil Parish SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Two buildings named as `Jennies' held by Mr William Wiseman, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1). Wiseman also held Stockerland, now called Ferry Farm. Houses now gone.
For possible alternative location see SUT 113.

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> (No record type): SRO (1) JAI/54/2: Photocopy of `A description and platte of the town of Sutton ...'. W Haiward, 162.
  • <M1> Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: photocopy of (S1).

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jun 5 1998 12:00AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.