Monument record SUT 071 - Ffisshers
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2848 4667 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Three buildings, named as `ffisshers' and held by Thomas Mather, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1). The houses have gone but the OS 1:10,000 scale map shows a small rectangular enclosure or toft. Name may relate to Roger Fissh, who appears as a taxpayer in Sutton in 1327 (S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 25 2013 5:36PM