Monument record SUT 073 - Hambridgehouse

Please read our .

Summary

Three buildings, named as `Hambridgehouse' and held by Mr Redgrave, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1).

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 2888 4683 (101m by 100m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM24NE
Civil Parish SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Three buildings, named as `Hambridgehouse' and held by Mr Redgrave, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1). Houses now gone. `Ham Brygge' is mentioned in 1435 (S2).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> (No record type): SRO (1) JAI/54/2: Photocopy of `A description and platte of the town of Sutton ...', W Haiward, 162.
  • <M1> Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: photocopy of (S1).

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jan 25 2013 5:37PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.