Monument record SUT 074 - The Howe
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2839 4897 (100m by 100m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Four buildings forming a square, named as `The Howe' and held by Robert Mather, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1). The westernmost building may still survive on the SW edge of Sutton Hoo Farm, but the rest have gone.
- <S1> SSF21497 (No record type): SRO (1) JAI/54/2: Photocopy of `A description and platte of the town of Sutton ...', W Haiward, 162.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: photocopy of (S1).
- <S2> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TM 284 492, JGB 13-14m 20 July 1992.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 26 1994 12:00AM