Monument record EUN 023 - Rushford (parish boundary)

Please read our .

Summary

Earthwork bank on eastern side of track running from Whitethorn Queach to the Rushford Road.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 9143 7985 (306m by 563m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL97NW
Civil Parish EUSTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Earthwork bank on eastern side of track running from Whitethorn Queach to the Rushford Road. Dimensions approximately 1m wide and 70cm high. Located in deciduous woodland/scrub on field edge (S1). Corresponds to parish boundary for Rushford, a separate parish until 1894 (S2). Bank not looked for in other parts of former boundary, so it is likely that it exists in other parts of the present Euston parish too.

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> (No record type): SAU, Sussams K, Brecks Survey, December 1995.
  • <S2> (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, 1990.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

Record last edited

Jan 19 1996 12:00AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.