Monument record BSE 139 - Town Defences: W section (PMed)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8518 6423 (69m by 1054m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Assumed line of town wall between Risbygate (BSE 067) and Westgate (BSE 066) after Downing's and Warren's maps (S1)(S2).
2010: Part of the town ditch seen in monitoring BSE 295 (S3).
See Med for details. Also Sax.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF5360 (No record type): Downing A, A new and accurate plan of the Ancient Borough of Bury St Edmunds, 1740.
- <S2> SSF22849 (No record type): Warren T, A Survey of the Ancient Borough of Bury St Edmunds, 1747.
- <S3> SSF53661 Unpublished document: Tester, A.. 2010. Archaeological Monitoring Report, Land to Rear of 82 Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmunds, BSE 295.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 23 2013 4:44PM