Monument record GLG 008 - Mill Farm (site of)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3472 6167 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT GLEMHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`Mill Farm' named on J Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk 1783. Named as `Mansion House' (belonging to Samuel Kilderbee) on a road diversion order of 1796 (S2). House presumably demolished when Samuel Kilderbee built the present Glemham House in 1814. `Roughly L-shaped area of small stones and rubble' revealed when the area was ploughed up shortly before 1949 (S1).
- <S1> SSF4198 (No record type): Cranbrook Lord, George Crabbe and Great Glemham, PSIA XXV, 1949, 116-117.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy of (S2).
- <S2> SSF21989 (No record type): Taigel A, Report on Great Glemham House 1994 (for Suffolk County Council Landscape Section).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 5 1996 12:00AM