Monument record HVH 035 - Hazel Stub; Puddlebrook; North Field
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 657 451 (43m by 56m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HAVERHILL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
October 1997: Part evaluation of proposed housing development site. Two fields evaluated (for 2nd, south, field see HVH 036 & 037): North field 2% trenching (i.e. 580m of 2m wide trench). Main area of interest along edge of field facing road to the north. Med features containing large amounts of horse bone, probably probably from knacker's yard (also see HVH 022 for part of same complex?). Two main focus areas identified. Area includes scatters HVH 028 & HVH 022 (part excavated).
1998: Full excavation see report (S2).
- FSF22793: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- FSF22794: ANIMAL REMAINS (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- FSF26238: FLAKE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF26239: PLANT REMAINS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF26240: METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF26241: TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF26242: BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 25 2006 10:53AM