Monument record IPS 333 - St. Pancras Church, Orwell Place, Ipswich, (IAS 3701).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 16639 44421 (19m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1976: Strip foundations in area behind Cox Lane frontage showed evidence of pits occasionally to a depth of 3m. Mean level of natural was 1.9m. Thetford ware pottery, Early and Post-Medieval pottery and 18th century clay pipes located (S1, S2).
See also (S3) for pottery report.
- <S1> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 3701.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 3701.
- <S3> SSF56030 Unpublished document: Groom, R.. 2007. The Pottery from IPS 333.
- FSF24692: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF24693: POTTERY EARLY MEDIEVAL (IPS: Middle Late Saxon to 14th century - 1000 AD to 1300 AD)
- FSF24694: POTTERY TIN-GLAZED EARTHENWARE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF24695: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (18th century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 12 2016 1:28PM