Monument record WLB 002 - Bowl Barrow on Tinkers Walks, 950m WSW of Eastwoodlodge Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4700 7463 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||WALBERSWICK, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Tumulus, possibly ESax (R1). On Tinkers Walks close to road. Visited as part of barrow survey 13/8/1976, bracken covered, low spread mound, edges very indistinct, height circa 0.62m, diameter circa 25m (R2). Visited by Helen Paterson 24 April 1981 "grass covered with some bracken. Part on road side has again been lightly ploughed. Visited site with (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s). Barrow will remain as at present. (He) feels that bracken cover disguising barrow shape is a good thing ... (S1).
1991(?): A bow barrow situated on heathland, beside a road, the B1387, which clips it on the NW edge. It is visible as an earthen mound standing to a height of 0.65m and covering a sub-circular area with a maximum diameter of 38m on a NE to SW axis.
- <M1> SSF43317 (No record type): Barrow survey : photographs etc.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM47SE2,.
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <M2> SSF43318 (No record type): SAM file :.
- <R2> SSF5515 (No record type): EAA, Barrow survey,.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 20 2022 1:26PM