Monument record HWT 019 - Church Farm, Prehistoric (Preh)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 38197 77312 (43m by 40m)|
|Civil Parish||HALESWORTH, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
LPreh pottery, burnt & worked flint located in ditches (probably residual) under extensive hillwash. Details in (S1).
Further excavation in Oct 1999 revealed dark spread of material within a slight hollow containing abundant charcoal and fire craked flints and very occasional pieces of pot of probable Iron Age date. Some small pits and/or postholes also thought to be of this period. S1
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S1> SSF51571 Unpublished document: Meredith, J.. 1999. Archaeological Evaluation Report, Church Farm, Halesworth.
- <S2> SSF51627 Unpublished document: Meredith J,. 2000. Archaeological Excavation and Monitoring Report, Church Farm, Halesworth.
- FSF26281: POTTERY (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF26282: WORKED OBJECT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF26283: POT BOILER (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF29538: POTTERY (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF29539: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF29540: BURNT FLINT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Dec 18 2012 9:14AM