Monument record SBT 004 - North Grange moated site
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 363 701 (62m by 87m)|
|Civil Parish||SIBTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat, two sides of rectangle, overgrown, unoccupied (S1).
January 1998: Scheduled. Details in (S2).
Probably the North Grange site (see SBT 006 for the S Grange) of Sibton Abbey, known to exist in 1325 (S3, from Sibton Abbey Cartularies Vol I, 116).
- <M1> SSF46475 (No record type): AP:.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM37SE1.
- <R1> SSF5573 (No record type): East Suffolk County Council, AP 37/0027.
- <S2> SSF5745 (No record type): English Heritage, scheduling information, January 1998.
- <S3> SSF50019 Bibliographic reference: Goult W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 28 2010 3:51PM