Monument record CLY 022 - Claydon Rectory Garden
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 13768 49864 (257m by 256m)|
|Civil Parish||CLAYDON, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Rectory garden at Claydon planted as a Biblical Representation garden. The garden was almost definitely created by George Drury IV (1819-95), who was the rector until 1898, yet it is not known how much of the existing garden can be attributed to the rector. Unusual features such as garden walls and towers can be found (S1). Formerly (Feb 2003) recorded (in error as duplicated number) as CLY 021 (changed to CLY 022 November 2004).
- <S1> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Williamson Dr T, Survey of Historic Parks & Gardens in Suffolk, 1974 ed.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 28 2008 4:44PM