Monument record CHD 026 - Westend Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 324 794 (456m by 379m)|
|Civil Parish||CHEDISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Moat with subsidiary enclosures (sites of) at Westend Farm. 1971: Settlement, either farm with extensive enclosures or croft sites. Pottery scatter and flint rubble. Site bulldozed (S1).
1982: Farm destroyed in bomb dump blast from Metfield Airport 1944. Only the large pond survives, all the rest has been flattened and site is now ploughed. Pottery scatter C14 onwards (S2).
- <S1> SSF20901 (No record type): SAU, West S E, 1971.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP BEQ 43 & 46.
- <R1> SSF5568 (No record type): East Suffolk County Council AP 33/0111.
- <S2> SSF7254 (No record type): Hardy M J, 1982.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeology in Suffolk 1982, PS1A, 35, 1983, (3), 230..
- <S4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs BEQ 43 & 46, 1971.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 22 2014 3:53PM