Monument record THB 019 - Maple House (1783); Buxlow

Please read our .

Summary

Site of building named Maple House in 1783.

Location

Grid reference TM 4103 6453 (point)
Map sheet TM46SW
Civil Parish KNODISHALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish THEBERTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Site of building named Maple House in 1783 (S1). Situated within very unusual extension of former parish of Buxlow (after 1721 incorporated into Knodishall, now Theberton). No longer shown on OS 1" map of 1837 (though building further to west named as 'Maple Cottage' becomes 'Maple House' in 1880s). The 1783 house has now gone.
See THB 016 for Buxlow Forest (to W).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> Cartographic materials: Hodskinson. Hodskinson map, 1783. The county of Suffolk Surveyed.
  • <S2> Unpublished document: Survey. Steerwood R, survey: Re: Parish Boundary of Knodishall North, 2001, map.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 7 2006 10:12AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.