Monument record WRW 045 - Compartment 123420, Kings Forest
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8232 7317 (161m by 605m)|
|Civil Parish||WORDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TREE BELT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PLANTATION (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Two sets of banks identified during pre-destumping Rapid Earthwork Identification Survey in July 2008. One pair pair defining edge of former tree belt, fading to south; the other marking NE edge of former circular plantation. Both mapped on OS 1880s map within area of arable fields south of Home Heath. Details in (S1).
September 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
Two large earthwork banks (centred at TL 8226 7421) and a curved bank (centred at TL8240 73117), most likely post medieval in date, are seen on visualised lidar data (S2). The banks have been recorded as part of WRW 089 along with further banks identified by this survey. The monument polygon has been amended to correlate with the location of the feature from the visualised lidar data.
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 11th September 2019.
- <S1> SSF50252 Bibliographic reference: Craven, J.. Rapid Earthwork Identification Surveys for Forest Enterprise.
- <S1> SSF53819 Bibliographic reference: Craven, J.. 2008. Rapid Earthwork Identification Surveys for Forest Enterprise.
- <S2> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Kings Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 12 2020 9:21AM