Monument record LWT 167 - 10 Factory Street
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5499 9381 (7m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||LOWESTOFT, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
An archaeological evaluation was carried out on land at 10 Factory Street, Lowestoft (TM 5499 9381); LWT 167 A trial trench evaluation was carried out at the above site from 13th -14th July 2009 in advance of a proposal to redevelop the site. The redevelopment involves the construction of a single residential property. A number of features of archaeological interest were recorded during the work. These were two undated pits, a late medieval buried soil and similarly dated post-holes, and an early post-medieval flint and lime mortar foundation representing a building that remained in use into the 19th century. Evidence for the adjacent Lowestoft Porcelain factory was recovered in the form of two fragments of kiln bars (S1).
- <S1> SSF53194 Unpublished document: Stirk, D.. 2009. Evaluation report. Lowestoft: 10 Factory Street, (LWT 167), Lowestoft.
- FSF33947: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF33948: BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF33949: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF33950: TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 27 2013 11:22AM