Monument record WNN 001 - Cumberland's Mount, medieval earthwork in Staverton Park (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 354 512 (119m by 113m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WANTISDEN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Cumberland Mount, earthwork in Staverton Park (S3).
Bottom portion of pyramidal loom-weight ? found in Med layer during 1910 excavations (S1)(S2). Archive of 1910 excavation held on microfiche by NMR (R1).
Also note record of number of worked flints found during excavations and subsequently - see Neo.
Features visible on Lidar. See associated files.
- <R1> SSF12058 (No record type): NMR, Excavation archive, microfiche.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: noted missing 25 July 1986 (stolen Autumn 1981 ?), copy (S1),.
- <S1> SSF7050 (No record type): Gray H St G, `The Earthworks near Butley', PSIA, 14, 1910, (1), 80-81, fig 17A.
- <S2> SSF23015 (No record type): West S E, The Archaeol of the Butley Region, Mss, 1954, 16.
- <M2> SSF42316 (No record type): copy (S2) in Butley Parish file..
- <M3> SSF42317 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S3> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 24 2020 11:08AM