Monument record FHM 025 - Maiden Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9411 5674 (11m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||FELSHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Maiden Hall, Listed Building - late 17th century timber framed house.
In 1234 Maiden Hall was a sub-manor site, owned by Hugh de Morieux in 1234. Some time absorbed by main manor.
In 1608 licence granted to William Risby to keep market and two yearly fairs at Maydenhall in Felsham (S1).
Immediately to the north of possible cropmark of a moat (FHM 018) which is likely to be original manor site.
- <S1> SSF50019 Bibliographic reference: Goult W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 26 2011 5:52PM