Monument record BUH 034 - Former deer park at Brundish
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 276 702 (739m by 989m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRUNDISH, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Deer park listed by Hoppitt, first recorded in 13th century (S1-S4).
Brundish Lodge (BUH 026) may be associated. Location needs verification.
Formerly recorded as BUH MISC
- <S1> SSF53541 Unpublished document: Hoppitt, R.. 1992. The Development of Parks in Suffolk from the C11th to the C17th (PhD thesis, UEA).
- <S2> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Hoppitt R, 'Deer Parks 1086-1600', 66-7.
- <S3> SSF58578 Bibliographic reference: Rackham, O.. 1988. Medieval Deer Parks 1086-1602, An Historical Atlas of Suffolk.
- <S4> SSF58663 Bibliographic reference: Liddiard, R. (ed). 2007. The Medieval Park: New Perspectives. Hoppitt R, pp 160, 161.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2021 1:05PM