Building record BTM 034 - Mildenhall Railway Station
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 708 740 (190m by 90m)|
|Civil Parish||BARTON MILLS, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
A disued railway station on the Cambridge to Mildenhall line. The station opened in April 1885 and closed to passengers in 1962. The station completely closed in 1964. The main station building and the goods shed both survive however the toilet block and the goods lock-up have been demolished. The station building is now a private residence but has undergone only minor alterations and the goods shed is used for storage by local businesses (S1). The outline of the platform is still clearly visible on satellite imagery (S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2016 10:07AM