Monument record IPS 367 - Tooley's Almshouses, Foundation Street, Ipswich, (IAS 5601).

Please read our .

Summary

Rebuilding of Gables on Tooley Street wing revealed massive flint and mortar wall of Blackfriars.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 165 442 (10m by 14m)
Map sheet TM14SE
Civil Parish IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

1978: Rebuilding of Gables on Tooley Street wing revealed massive flint and mortar wall of Blackfriars (S1,S2).
F134
Tooleys almshouses (foundation), 1713

Sources/Archives (3)

  • --- Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Ipswich Documentary Card index.
  • <S1> Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 5601.
  • <S2> Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 5601.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Events/Activities (2)

Record last edited

Aug 10 2017 5:39PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.