Monument record IPS 603 - Salthouse Hotel, Ipswich, (IAS 6603).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 168 440 (2m by 2m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
2002/2003: Monitoring visits were made for the excavation of a lift shaft. At a depth of C1.6m, a wall consisting of three courses of red brick set with lime cement was identified. (S1)
2008: Desk Based Assessment, (S2).
See also, (S3, S4).
- <S1> SSF55735 Unpublished document: Meredith, J. & Loader, T.. 2002. Monitoring - Salthouse Hotel site, 82 Fore Street, Ipswich.
- <S2> SSF53765 Unpublished document: Sommers, M & Breen, A, M. 2008. Archaeological Desk Based Assessment, Salthouse Harbour Hotel, Fore Street, Ipswich - Six Storey Extension, IPS 603.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 6604.
- <S4> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 6604.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Survey: Borehole and Test Pit Survey, 82 Fore Street, Ipswich. (ESF25017)
- Event - Survey: Desk Based Assessment, Salthouse Harbour Hotel, Fore Street, Ipswich, (IAS 6604). (Ref: OASIS-suffolkc1-47710) (ESF20774)
- Event - Intervention: Monitoring, Salthouse Hotel site, 82 Fore Street, Ipswich, (IAS 6604). (ESF22898)
Record last edited
Nov 11 2016 1:16PM