Monument record LMD 176 - Roman and Medieval pits at List House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 862 457 (17m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
2009: Six pits and features were identified during archaeological monitoring at List House. One of the pits contained pottery dated to the mid 12th-13th century. A layer sealing a pit feature also contained twelve sherds of 1st to 2nd century Roman pottery. The other features were of post medieval and modern date and the whole area had been heavily disturbed by post medieval industrial activity (S1).
- <S1> SSF56319 Unpublished document: Beverton, A, V. 2009. Archaeological Monitoring Report: List House, Long Melford.
- FSF42089: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF42090: POTTERY (12th century to 13th century - 1100 AD to 1299 AD)
- FSF42091: POTTERY (16th century to 18th century - 1500 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF42092: ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF42093: BRICK (17th century to 18th century - 1600 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF42094: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 23 2016 11:27AM