Monument record STT 067 - Undated possible field boundaries and/or trackway
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3276 4526 (303m by 222m)|
|Civil Parish||SHOTTISHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (9)
- TRACKWAY? (Unknown date)
- FIELD SYSTEM? (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FIELD SYSTEM? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- FIELD SYSTEM? (Unknown date)
- TRACKWAY? (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- TRACKWAY? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE? (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE? (Unknown date)
September 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
Undated possible field boundaries and/or a possible trackway are visible as cropmarks on aerial photographs (S1) on land to the east of Home Whin Farm, Shottisham.
A late prehistoric date has tentatively been suggested since they may be related to the possible field system to the west recorded as SHER STT 016, but it is also possible that they relate to medieval to post medieval boundaries.
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 24th September 2015.
- <S1> SSF55746 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique aerial photograph. NMR 4507/8-1217-JUL-1989 (EHA Original Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 9 2015 11:28AM