Monument record SUT 272 - Earthwork ditches, possible med-pm trackways and pits
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3303 4576 (205m by 434m)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- TRACKWAY (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Unknown date)
- TRACKWAY? (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- PIT? (Unknown date)
- TRACKWAY? (Unknown date)
- PIT? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- PIT? (Second World War - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD?)
September 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
Earthwork ditches, possible medieval to post medieval trackways and pits are visible on aerial photographs (S1)-(S2) on land to the east of the barrow cemetery SUT 001. An area of several possible medieval to post medieval trackways has been mapped along with three possible pits, which may in fact relate to Second World War training in a similar way to the site to the north (SHER SUT 244).
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 23rd September 2015.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 9 2015 4:23PM