Monument record TYN 026 - A possible ring ditch to the south of Walk Farm, Stratton Hall (formerly Trimley St Martin Parish)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2517 3924 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||STRATTON HALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Possible ring ditch about 20m diameter with a central mark. Just W of square enclosure SNH 003. (S1)
Probably natural - not included in 1995 plot - see (S2).
This feature was not identified on any of the photograph examined during the Suffolk Coastal NMP project and therefore is thought unlikely to be of archaeological origin. (S3)
Now in Stratton Hall parish (formerly Trimley St Martin)
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP (BUZ054) 24-JUL-1975.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BUZ 054.
- <M2> SSF45046 (No record type): Hanging Cabinet: (S2).
- <S2> SSF90 (No record type): Air Photo Service, 1:2500 AP plot, A14 Trimley Improvement, 1995.
- <S3> SXS50100 Verbal communication: Newsome, S.. 2001 -. Suffolk Coastal NMP Project. Sarah Newsome 14/02/03.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 24 2005 3:14PM