Monument record IPS 1723 - Land to rear of 20-26, Burlington Road, Ipswich
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1556 4473 (28m by 29m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
2000: Archaeolgical evaluation revealed 5 Post medieval pits, which 4 were similar and filled by a very dark brown sandy loam, one of which contained modern brick, another contained Post medieval tile and brick. The final pit was a large, irregular feature filled by a mid brown sandy gravel (110-116mm deep) and contained one Post medieval pottery sherd, oyster shell and a small bone. A few metal objects were found including a Post medieval book clasp, Post medieval D shaped buckle possibly from a shoe (S1).
- <S1> SSF57775 Unpublished document: Everett, L.. 2000. Archaeological Evaluation Archive Report: Land to rear of 20-26, Burlington Road, Ipswich.
- FSF44941: BRICK (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD to 2050 AD)
- FSF44942: BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF44943: BOOK FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF44944: TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF44945: POTTERY (15th century to 16th century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF44946: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- FSF44947: OYSTER SHELL (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 24 2017 1:36PM