Monument record STN 133 - Undated rectangular mound, possibly modern
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8093 8761 (12m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||SANTON DOWNHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
- MOUND (Unknown date)
- MOUND (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- PLATFORM (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- PLATFORM (Unknown date)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- DITCHED ENCLOSURE (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- DITCHED ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
July 2017. 'Brecks from Above' and Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A small, undated, rectangular mound or platform, surrounded by a rectangular ditched enclosure, is visible as earthworks on imagery from a lidar survey flown in 2015 (S1). It has the appearance of a modern feature, and its archaeological significance is uncertain. Compare, however, the similar-sized embanked enclosures recorded 300m to the east as SHER STN 137.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 7th July 2017.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Santon Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 4 2019 10:03AM