Monument record NAC 119 - Icehouse, Orwell Park School, Orwell Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 215 395 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NACTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1990: The icehouse was demolished, and the well filled in 1951. The structure was circular, with conical thatched roof; there were two skins of brickwork with a cavity in between. One of the few still in use during the 1920s. Ice was collected from 2 ponds (S1). Not visible on 1st or 2nd edition OS maps.
- <S1> SSF1171 Monograph: Beamon, S. P. and Roaf, S.. 1990. The Ice-Houses of Britain.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 8 2018 3:52PM