Monument record WRW 088 - Small undated embanked pit.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||WORDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (8)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Unknown date)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Second World War - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD?)
- PIT (Second World War - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD?)
- PIT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- PIT (Unknown date)
- EXTRACTIVE PIT? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILITARY TRAINING SITE? (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
September 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A small embanked pit can be seen as an earthwork on visualised lidar data (S1). The small pit may possibly relate to an area of localised post medieval extraction or possibly a Second World War military training feature. This feature is not seen on the First Edition Ordnance Survey Map. The pit can be seen as an earthwork on visualised lidar data from a recent (2015) survey.
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 09th September 2019.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Kings Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 11 2020 8:45AM