Monument record EYE 016 - Eye Castle, undated (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1478 7378 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||EYE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`Some horns or the ox, a shank bone of an ox, with a piece of iron supposed to be the point of an arrow or spear, fixed in it; and fragments of iron and glass, recently found in the gravel below the foundations of the wall of Eye Castle; from Mr Williams.' (S1).
See also Med & PMed (S2).
For part excavation of Kerrison's Folly, see EYE 031.
- <M1> SSF42754 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM17SW5.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 2, 1859, Quarterly Meetings, 101.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- FSF16308: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 12 2013 2:30PM