Building record SBC 078 - Cellarers Cottage, The Street, Stoke by Clare
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||STOKE-BY-CLARE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (1)
(TL 74084339) Celerers Cottage (NAT) (S1)
Cellarers Cottage, The Street, Stoke by Clare, is a 15th/16th century timber framed and plastered hall house with a north gabled cross wing and tiled roof. The front was altered in the 18th and 19th centuries. A 19th and 20th century shop window has been inserted into the front of the building. Grade 2*. (S2)
TL 74084341. No 19 The Street. (S3)
TL 74084339 - The building mentioned by authority 2 comprises No 19 The Street and part of the adjacent property. The northern cross wing of the former hall-house bears the date 1668. See ground photograph. (S4)
BF083248: CELLERERS HALL, THE STREET, STOKE BY CLARE
- --- SSF59942 Index: Historic England. Related Archives/Objects from NRHE. BF083248.
- <S1> SSF59900 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1961. OS 1:2500.
- <S2> SSF59804 Bibliographic reference: District of St Edmundsbury. 1974. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest.
- <S3> SSF59901 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1956. OS 1:2500 1956.
- <S4> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 PAS 26-MAR-81.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 3 2021 9:33AM