Monument record CAV 010 - Church of St Mary (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 805 465 (82m by 72m)|
|Civil Parish||CAVENDISH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A large number of Roman bricks have been used in the construction of St Mary's church, Cavendish. They are mainly to be seen over the doorway and in the exterior walling of the N aisle. The Rector could offer no information as to the possible whereabouts of the Roman building from which the bricks came (S1).
See also Med.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL84NW15, 1950.
- FSF7704: BRICK (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 16 1989 12:00AM