Monument record IPS 124 - Junction of Lowestoft and Felixstowe Railways, Ipswich, Suffolk, (IAS 8401).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 174 472 (134m by 103m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||WESTERFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1979: Two pits containing Medieval material. Also pit with flint flakes and three ditches one with Thetford Ware and two with no dating evidence. Situated between Lowestoft and Felixstowe railways.
1988: Metal detected Late Saxon disc brooch with clipped edges with decoration of raised concentric circles and pellets.
- FSF42718: JUG (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF42719: TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF42720: TILE (Undated)
- FSF42721: OYSTER SHELL (Undated)
- FSF781: FLAKE (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- FSF9052: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF9053: DISC BROOCH (Late Saxon - 850 AD to 1065 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 9 2017 10:21AM