Monument record HAD 002 - Part of a Roman right-angled double ditched enclosure with possible external settlement.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 025 438 (257m by 286m)|
|Civil Parish||HADLEIGH, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Part of right-angled double ditched enclosure, with possible external settlement beyond ditch on N side. See HAD 015 for remaining area of enclosure and excavation information.
Surface evidence for a concentration of Roman roof tile around TM02504381 (per Roy Damant, c. 2005). Sample of tile held at SCC.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP : CUCAP ZC 59.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP ZC 59.
- <S2> SSF18513 (No record type): SAU, AP AGJ11,.
- <M2> SSF35212 (No record type): SAU AGJ11.
- <S3> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 3 2018 4:09PM